In order to effectively maintain and your drain and keep it in a healthy condition, it is important to know exactly what is going on inside your pipes. The best way to do this is through a CCTV drainage survey which will give you a clear view of the insides of your drains.
A drain survey is an in-depth and thorough inspection of a drainage system that uses high-tech CCTV cameras which are inserted down. The camera is remotely controlled by a computer and steadily threaded through the pipes and drainage system producing a live feed of inside the drains.
The drainage survey can help to identify such problems as collapsed drains, tree root ingress, blockages, leaks, corrosion and wear and tear. The real-time inspection will allow the drainage engineer to inspect and asses the fault and then decide on the best course of action to get the drown working again.
Here’s how a CCTV drainage survey is typically carried out
- Once you suspect your drain is faulty call up a drainage contractor to arrange a survey.
- The drainage engineer will arrive at the specified time and discuss the issue before setting up the CCTV technology and equipment.
- The engineer will get access to your drains and insert the camera down and through the drainage systems.
- This will provide a live view of your drains and is feedback to the engineer on a computer so he can observe the condition of your drain. Any fault or blockage will be identified at this stage.
- The engineer will report back on the findings along with their recommendations of what repair work is required
Alternative Drainage provide a thorough and professional CCTV drainage survey service for both domestic and commercial drainage systems. If you are experiencing any faults with your drains, contact us today on 0800 980 1362.